A family owned and operated propane sales, service and accessories company born and raised right here in St. Mary's County. Our knowledge of propane sales and service spans three generations and over 65 years in the industry. We are a company that you can count on to get your propane needs met quickly and economically. We have a focus on customer service and product knowledge excellence that we would love to share with you. Call us today!
We've learned a thing or two about the propane industry since 1950. Our many years and cross-generational knowledge means we are the best choice for getting your propane project done right the first time.
Whether a large or small project Taylor Gas Company will always be the example for cleanliness, safety and professionalism. We want to know you're happy.
3 Generations of Service
We have always been a family company. Our standard for quality is the emobodiment of what makes up the Southern Maryland Community. We strive for a sense of community with a focus on family oriented business and service practices. Give us a call to discuss your next propane project.
Active role of president since 1982. Frank is a graduate of the Belmont Abbey College with a BA in Business and Economics. Frank plays an active role in many local and national organizations including:
- National Propane Gas Association (NPGA Member).
- President of the Maryland Propane Gas Association, 1989-1991.
- President of the Mid Atlantic Propane Gas Association (MAPGA), 1997-1999.
- Maryland State Director of the NPGA Board of Directors, 2000-2016.
- Regional District 9 Director to the NPGA Board of Directors, 2016 - present.
- Board of Directors for Maryland Bank and Trust Company, 1995-2011.
- Board of Directors for Old Line Bank, 2011-2018.
- Board of Directors for St. Mary's County Chamber of Commerce, 2001-2010.
- Chairman of the Board for St. Mary's County Chamber of Commerce, 2009-2010.
- Member of St.Mary's County Planning Commission, 1993-2003.
- Chairman of St.Mary's County Planning Commission, 1996-2003.
- Member of St.Mary's Metropolitan Commission, 2003-2009.
- Member of St.Mary's Metropolitan Commission, 2006-2008.
- Board of Governers, Calvert Marine Museum 2009-2015, Re-appointed 2018.
- Finance Committee for Calvert Marine Museum, 2009-present.
- Advisory Board for the St. Mary's County Adult Recovery Court, 2013-2018.
- Advisory Board for the St. Mary's County Literacy Council, 2017-present.
- Chairman First Saints Community Church Endowment Committee.
- Graduate of Leadership, Southern Maryland class of 2016.
- Veteran, United States Navy.
Active role of vice president since 1965. Bernard is a member of the Rotary and currently a chairman of the Plumbing and Fuel Gas Board.
Assistant Vice President
Active role of assistant vice president since 2010. Scott is a member of the Lexington Park Rotary, a board member on the St. Mary's Chamber of Commerce and the Mid Atlantic Propane Gas Association.
Satisfying A Need In The Southern Maryland Community
Founded by Francis Taylor Sr. and his wife Loretta (better known as Tiny). Since its very humble beginning, Taylor Gas Company demonstrated what would become a long history of lending support to the community. This support came through a deep sense of connection both Francis and Tiny had with the St. Marys community.
Taylor Gas Company has been providing the many communities of Southern Maryland with a valuable resource since 1950. Taylor Gas Company was the first utilitiy company in St. Mary's County to fully realize the potential of propane gas energy over 60 years ago as an environmentally friendly and cost effective energy solution. We currently provide propane energy solutions for residential, commercial and agricultural customers as well as provide excellent and personable service with an in-depth knowledge of propane equipment and accessories.